Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ancestor Approved

Today I received the Ancestor Approved Award from Nancy at My Ancestors and Me. I am both humbled and shocked. I started this blog project as a way to keep myself on track and record my genealogical findings. I thought it would be an easy way to share my progress with my family. What has happened has been beyond anything I could have expected. It's helped long lost relatives find me and its helped me to learn and grow in my research skills in ways I hadn't even thought about. 



The Ancestor Approved Award was created by Leslie Ann Ballou. You can read Leslie's blog at Ancestors Live Here. Leslie Ann asks award recipients to "list ten things you have learned about any of your ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened you and pass it along to ten other bloggers who you feel are doing their ancestors proud."  I'm going to take a day or two to make my list of ten things and to find ten bloggers to bestow this award on. 


I want to thank Nancy for this award. I suddenly feel sadly underdressed in my bathrobe and slippers. If I had realized the the morning would be so eventful, I'd have at least run a comb through my hair first. 



2 comments:

  1. You are too funny. We'll wait for you to dress and comb your hair if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jennie, I was absolutely delighted to go into my blog this afternoon to read your comments and most of all see that you had given me an Ancestor Approved Award. I only came to blogging in August 2010 and have limited IT skills, compared to some of the impressively designed sites I have come across. I have had tremendous emjoyment from sharing my family history, featuring the photographs and making contact with fellow enthusiasts. To begin with I did wonder if anyone was reading it and thank John of the Wandering Genealogist for recommending to me Geneabloggers.com. It is a great endorsement to feel that people think highly of it. It will take me time to some up with my top ten findings and blogs - but watch this space! Thank you again. Susan

    ReplyDelete